Day 1 - Who am I? Why this blog?

 Hello!

    Today is the first time I have ever blogged! This blog will be used to share the ideas and insights that I will be learning in my Family Relations class. Aside from what I learn in class, I will also be including personal experiences from my own life. Personally, I have strong belief of the importance of family, for it is because of my family that I have been able to move forward in life. My goal with this blog is to be able to educate others on ways to improve or strengthen their family relationships. 

   A little bit about me! I come from a family of 7, and I love them dearly. Growing up we have had our issues with one another, but now that we have grown up we are much closer to one another. This is thanks to the careful and loving care of my parents who gave their all for us. I am an avid volleyball player, but I have played many others sports such as basketball, soccer, swimming, and cross country. I love my mom's food, especially her tacos and beef stew whenever I am home. I graduated high school a few years back, and I am currently in college working toward my Bachelor of Science in Psychology. I believe family to play an important part in the growth of children to adulthood as it has played a major role in mine. Though my family had it's own problems, I learned a great deal from my trials and difficulties. It is because
of my family that I have been able to prevail in life, and my witness is that through love and care relationships can be strengthened and healed given time.

    For those viewing this blog, my hope is that these insights and personal experiences from my own life may be of help. I would appreciate and highly encourage any comments about the ideas expressed in this blog or even questions that you may have regarding family relationships.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transition into Marriage: The Wedding Plan

The 5 Secrets of effective Communication